Friday 9 March 2012

Week 9 on the Lough... Saturday 25 February 2012

Shelling Hill Beach -
Again no issues today apart from the fact that I got into the car to be welcomed by the red fuel light... typical
I headed for Shelling Hill Beach a sandy beach on the west of the Carlingford Mountains over looking Dundalk Bay. 

Sleeping Platypus on Shelling Hill...  
Rock Pool at Dawn (1)
Rock Pool at Dawn (2)
Shelling Hill beach is another strong memory from childhood - many many summer days were spent on this beach, paddling, playing... picnicking.... I wouldn't have wanted to be doing any of the above this morning - It was freezing. The tide was very far out when I arrived just before 7am and so I though I'd use the rock pools to create a focal point for a mediocre sun rise - once again hidden behind a thick bank of low lying cloud. I used the Pentax K5 and K10 in rotation - The K5 was loaded with the Sigma 8-16 and the K10 was loaded with the Sigma 18-50 2.8.

Dawn at Shelling Hill (1)
Dawn at Shelling Hill (2) 
I like the simplicity of the shot below.... just a simple piece of seaweed on the exposed sandy beach.... I removed some wormcasts in the foreground using Photoshop and used a hi-key effect for deliberate effect...


No comments:

Post a Comment