Wednesday 14 March 2012

Week 11 On the Lough.... Sunday 11 March..

Murlough Nature Reserve, Newcastle Co Down:

After too many after work pints on Friday night I couldn't face an early start on Saturday morning - so despite my usual 6am alarm clock I rose to see a blanket of grey cloud and decided my best option was to retire back to my bed...

Sunday was a different story - I was greeted once again by a blanket of thick grey cloud up the Lough - so I decided to once again rip up the rule book and head for Newcastle where I hoped I'd catch a better sunrise.... Great plan but.... well I think you know the story by now!!

I'm trying out a Red Snapper RS-283 with an RSH-528 Head today... my initial reaction is that I don't like the head - It has a sliding quick release plate which I just can't get used to... but the tripod appears to be sturdy and quick to set up and take down.

I start out by climbing up some of the Sand dunes and trying to make the best of the light and weather conditions... the shots below usually include the majestic Slieve Donard sweeping down to the sea at Newcastle.... Today Ulster's highest peak was hiding beneath the same blanket of cloud I was running away from......
Murlough Nature Reserve, Newcastle Co Down
Murlough Nature Reserve, Newcastle Co Down (2)
Murlough Nature Reserve, Newcastle Co Down (3)
Murlough Nature Reserve, Newcastle Co Down (4)
Murlough Nature Reserve, Newcastle Co Down (B&W1)
Murlough Nature Reserve, Newcastle Co Down (B&W2)
My Pentax K5 on the Red Snapper RS-238 tripod at Murlough...
I tried a few shots on Newcastle beach followed before I decided to head back to the car - I got this great little app for my phone - Jogtracker (thanks Nick) which logged my trek through the dunes... nearly 4 miles... excellent.... I'll log my maps into my later Blogs...

Welcome to Royal County Down!! 16th hole on the Angelsey I think
Newcastle Beach looking towards the Mournes 
Newcastle Beach looking towards Dundrum
Walking the Dog on Newcastle Beach 
Sunrise from Murlough.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment