Monday 5 March 2012

Week 5 on the Lough.... Saturday 28 January 2012

Once again I sleep through my first alarm and when I eventually realise the time (07:15) I quickly get dressed, grab my bag and run for the car. In the rear view mirror of my car I become aware of the iridescent pink/orange colours forming in the sky behind me... I'm about 10 miles away from where I want to be and it becomes clear that I'm about to miss the best sunrise of the year thus far.

Change of plans... I park up the car at the Albert Basin, a deep water basin on the Newry Canal and once again hurriedly set up the camera (Pentax K10D) on my Manfrotto 785B Tripod on the edge of the Basin... As I was setting up two Polish guys, obviously just finishing the night shift at a local supermarket, stop to see what I could possibly be photographing..."Hey man.. that's really beautiful" one of them said to me... he wasn't far wrong....

Fire in the sky... above the Albert Basin, Newry

Burning in the skies... above the Albert Basin, Newry
Once Again I realise I'm off the map.... but it was worth it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment