Friday 16 March 2012

Week 11 on the Lough Part deux..... Tollymore Forest Park

I'd realised early in the morning I'd left the house without my wallet so when it cam to the journey home I couldn't pop into Tollymore and park in the Forest Park as I had no cash.... I though I'd be better parking at the Priests Bridge and walking in at Ivy Bridge...

My first shots were taken at the Ivy Bridge an impressive late 18th century stone bridge with folly towers at each end. The water flow in the Shimna River was very low so I'll return again for better results!!!

Ivy Bridge, Tollymore, Newcastle
Ivy Bridge, Tollymore, Newcastle (2)
Ivy Bridge, Tollymore, Newcastle (3)
 As I said above the Shimna River was quite low today but a few long exposures still give the water a smooth.. soothing effect.. I used a Hoya nd x8  and a GG2 grad filter to slow the shutter peed down and get the right look and feel. 

Shimna River above the Ivy Bridge, Tollymore. 
Shimna River above the Ivy Bridge, Tollymore.  
Shimna River above the Ivy Bridge, Tollymore.  
I walked on through the forest park to Foley's Bridge for part three of today's Blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment