Friday 9 March 2012

Week 8 on the Lough... Sunday 19 February 2012

Amazingly this morning is going very smoothly!!
I set out to achieve a sequence of shots at Warrenpoint at sunrise.... the Lough was very calm again today and the sun was peeking in and out from behind the clouds painting the sky with delicate pink and peach hues... I meanwhile.... was knee deep in water, in wellies that I considered to be much too short....

Carlingford Lough at dawn, Warrenpoint
Carlingford Lough at dawn, Warrenpoint (2)
Carlingford Lough at dawn, Warrenpoint (3)
Carlingford Lough at dawn, Warrenpoint (4)
Along the waterfront Newry & Mourne District Council have done a nice job with wide paths stone walls and some sculptures/ artwork. I positioned the sun after it had risen above the horizon behind this stone monolith which is located along the seafront walk.
I watch the rising sun, I hope I find some peace today....  
I really like the soft light and contrast on the shot below it was one of a sequence of shots taken to achieve the panorama below.... the soft warm light is contrasted by the bluish hues of the shadows and snow on the mountain. It was exactly how I wanted to capture the shot and how I remember the morning...
Slieve Foye bathed in early morning light...locally know as 'the mountain of the giant' 
My photographs have so far tried to avoid the urban centres dotted along the Lough... however Warrenpoint seafront with it's Victorian architecture and wide streets can sometime be over looked - I hope to return here again and capture this shot with NO cars.... The building was originally the Beach Hotel, which was mentioned in Bassett’s guide for Warrenpoint in 1886, later a Great Northern Railway Company Hotel, a Sisters of Mercy Convent and now a residential Care Home....
St Joseph's Mercy Home, Warrenpoint
To achieve the panorama below I used seven different photographs and stitched them in Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. I think the result has been rather successful.
A Panorama of Carlingford Lough from Warrenpoint
Home a Happy Boy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment