Monday 26 March 2012

Week 13 on the Lough... Saturday 24 March...

Early morning fog near Goragh Wood.....


What a wonderful morning - it's so mild I'm walking around in a long sleeved tee shirt and a body warmer at 6:30am....spring is definitely in the air. The mild early morning brings with it the fog and mist that has been forecast and I for one am a happy camper - I've been watching the early morning fog lie in the Newry River Valley between Jerretspass and Newry all week from the train as I travel to work and have a fantastic idea for a foggy morning shoot.... which I hope I've managed to capture.

I set up along a field boundary on a small country lane not far from the entrance to the old Goragh Wood Train Station Entrance and shot a few frames mostly with the Pentax K10D and the SMC-DA* 60-250mm f/4 ED [IF] SDM. I love the warm hues of the early morning mist... I actually had to cool it down in Lightroom (tweaked temperature to 5100K) - the first photograph below was taken using an ultra wide lens all subsequent photographs focused on the layers of hills trees and fields behind the large beach tree right of centre in the picture.
Early morning mist near Goragh Wood
Early morning mist near Goragh Wood 
Early morning mist near Goragh Wood 
Early morning mist near Goragh Wood 
Early morning mist over Tinker's Hill 
Early morning mist over Tinker's Hill  
Early morning mist over Tinker's Hill  from Goragh Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment