Sunday 4 March 2012

Week 2 on the Lough... Saturday 7 January 2012

Another frustrating morning as I headed up in to the foothills of the Mourne mountains in an attempt to capture the early morning sunrise a thick bank of fog and cloud filled the lough. After about an hour of waiting around with no change in conditions and nothing worthy of a shutter release I decided to see what else I could do under the circumstances.

I decided to head to a small Mill Pond near Burren, Warrenpoint where I believed I could catch some early morning colour despite to the poor sunrise.  I caught a few shots that I wasn't terribly happy with but something was happening on the horizon that caught my eye:

Fishing Stand on the Mill Pond, Burren, Warrenpoint

Swans at the Fishing Stand on the Mill Pond, Burren. 
The clouds behind me which had previously rendered the horizon flat and grey were beginning to break and shafts of golden light were breaking through them casting a biblical like drama to the sky. I immediately headed for higher ground in an attempt to catch the magic....
Slieve Martin (l) and Slieve Foye (r) are silhouetted against the shafts of golden light  

Slieve Martin (l) and Slieve Foye (r) from the Ulster Way at Carrickmacstay
It's only week No.2 but I think that both of my shots have been taken outside of OSNI Sheet 36A... Ooops!! But while the subject matter - the mountains - is definitely in sheet 36A the locations where I took all of  today's photographs were not - Maybe I should use Sheet 29 The Mournes in the future???

Today's Lesson - read your map!!



No comments:

Post a Comment