Sunday 4 March 2012

Week 3 on the Lough.... Saturday 14 January 2012

I'm really going to have to pay attention to the project brief... I slept beyond my alarm this morning and ended up scrapping my original plans for the morning.... instead I head east in to the Mournes again trying to find any interest in the otherwise grey cloudy sky... Armed with my Pentax K10D and a few Sigma and Pentax lenses I park at the foot of Ott Mountain. I decided to head up the Butter Mountain as the clouds gathering above Ott Mountain were showing some signs of promise...

Again I realise we're off the map...

After about 15 mins of quick ascent the fact that I'd had no breakfast began to show as my blood sugars dropped and I was glad that I'd brought the walking pole... Onwards and upwards...

When I got to the top of the Butter Mountain the sun was just up but fighting to break through the thick, moist clouds skirting the tops of the mountain peaks.... slowly but surely the clouds began to glisten with pinks, oranges and warm tones that reassured me I had made the right choice... after so many wrong ones thus far this morning... I found two areas on the mountain with a little fore ground interest - hopefully to draw the eye in - and set up the Manfrotto 785B Tripod and waited for the light.... and waited.... and waited...

It never really came but I really like this weeks pictures... they are very dramatic

A storm brewing over the Mournes

A mountain top pool at dawn, on Butter Mountain

A mountain top pool at dawn, on Butter Mountain (2)

A Storm brewing over the White Water Valley, from Butter Mountain. 
I came down from butter Mountain around 10:00am to be met by a rather large walking group - they looked at me as if I was quitting early.... I thought they were starting LATE... I got my shots and so I headed home - until something else caught my eye. I grabbed my last set of shots around the roads at Moneyscalp - I love this one cleverly entitled 'The Red Gate'

The Red Gate - at Moneyscalp.
Lesson for today - Everything is salvagable

No comments:

Post a Comment