Wednesday 25 April 2012

Week 17 - 21 April 2012
Cherry Blossom along the Newry Canal 

There are three things that change the landscape and bring a breath of fresh air and inspiration to me during April:
  1. The fields of yellow rape seed flowers across the drumlins of County Armagh and Down; 
  2. The bluebells which appear in the ancient woodland around Carlingford Lough including my favourite spot at Narrow Water; and finally 
  3. The pink cherry blossom which thrives in parks and gardens across the country.... 

The mature cherry trees which form a continuous corridor along the Newry Canal which runs through the centre of the town are so often over looked - Each year they bloom like crazy - masses of pink flowers and blossom. Each year I promise myself I will get the perfect picture of this all too short phenomenon - I haven't captured it this year but I'll keep trying!!

Cherry Blossom along the Newry Canal
Cherry Blossom along the Newry Canal
Cherry Blossom along the Newry Canal
Cherry Blossom along the Newry Canal
Cherry Blossom along the Newry Canal

No comments:

Post a Comment