Tuesday 17 April 2012

Week 15.... April 8 2012... A wet weekend....

My photographing activities during the previous weekend have been limited by birthday celebrations and family commitments....  however this weekend is Easter weekend and the weather isn't much better!! It's a wet miserable couple of days that really disappoints after such great weather over the previous few weeks!! The most I could muster was some shots of the rain on my kitchen windows !!!
Rain Rain go away.... Come back another day....
Rain Rain go away.... Come back another day.... preferably when I'm at work
And some shots about 8pm when the rain finally started to disappear.... overall a disappointing weekend

Sunset over Camlough Mountain - hidden by cloud
Pink sky at night Shepherd's Delight
One thing about being frustrated at my lack of photo opportunities during the day meant that I was experimenting over a glass of wine with the K5 late at night... A lot has been written about the Pentax K5's high ISO capabilities and the sensor has been highly praised - the shot below of my beloved PRS SE Soapbar guitar was taken hand held at ISO 3200 - the high ISO allowed an exposure of F4 @1/8Sec - the areas of black in the guitar stock-head show virtually no noise... a far cry from my K10.... this has inspired me to try out more high ISO pictures with the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment