Wednesday 6 June 2012

Week 23... Wednesday 6 June 2012... Olympic fever strikes
The Olympic Torch reaches Newry

I thought to myself when I heard about the Olympic Torch relay that it was another one of Lord Coe's bright ideas that would cost a fortune and not really deliver - but as the time drew closer I knew I had to go and see it and bring the kids... I'm really glad I did there was a great festival feeling today in Newry... a sense of something special in the air... Let's hope.... 

The Olympic Torch at Newry Town Hall
BBC's Mark Simpson draws a crowd in Newry
BBC's Mark Simpson draws a crowd in Newry
My daughter during the celebrations
And the rains starts falling.... rain starts falling down....
And the rains starts falling.... rain starts falling down....
Our moment to shine?




It always amazes me how sporting events like the Olympics allow themselves to be
sponsored by fast food corporations like McDonalds!!! really? Come on....
think of the children... will someone please think of the children!!!!
(Maud Flanders 1999)


No comments:

Post a Comment