Wednesday 6 June 2012


Week 23... Wednesday 6th June - The Olympic Torch arrives on the Lough!!! The Olympic Torch in Newry


On Tuesday night there was torrential rain falling all afternoon but I decided to head up to Pairc Esler to see the Torch arrive for the first of it's two visits to the City of Newry... I kept the camera in the bag until the last minute to ensure the terrible weather didn't cause too much trouble.... A Republican protest was putting a significant dampener on an already damp night!!! Just to make it worse when I opened the bag and took the camera out I pressed the button to find myself waiting for the shutter release... NO RELEASE!!!! and no memory card... I think this is what they technically call an EPIC FAIL

Luckily I had another shot at it on Wednesday!!
Laura Quinn holding the Olympic Flame at Newry Town Hall
Laura Quinn holding the Olympic Flame at Newry Town Hall
After finding the perfect spot to see Laura Quinn
a friendly BBC camera man stands in front of me!!
Laura Quinn with the Olympic Flame in Newry 
Carrying the Olympic Flame in Newry 
Carrying the Olympic Flame in Newry 

No comments:

Post a Comment