Saturday 19 May 2012

Week 20 on the Lough.....Sunday 13 May 2012
Sunrise at the Clermont Pass

The Clermont Pass is a mountain road across the Ravensdale/Cooley Mountains - the construction project was started as a famine relief project in 1846 and completed in 1872. This morning I was on top of the mountain at 05:30am and found myself waiting for another sunrise that never quite delivered.....

The sun slowly rises above the hills above Rostrevor....
On Golden Pond... 
Slieve Foye from Clermont at Dawn

Instead of focusing on the large panoramas which were a little disappointing I focused on some of the details I found on the mountain and looked at some distant viewpoint from my elevated position:

Heath on Clermont at sunrise
Heath on Clermont at sunrise
Heath on Clermont at sunrise
Stone Stack on Clermont at sunrise 



No comments:

Post a Comment