Saturday 19 May 2012


Week 20 on the Lough... Saturday 12 May 2012...
Bluebells at NarrowWater Wood....


This week's Spring In Pictures is dedicated to that most iconic of spring flora, the bluebell. I wrote last week about how they are one of my favourite blasts of colour during spring early summer... This year I spotted my first bluebell in Tollymore Forest Park during my visit on Firday 16 March... in my opinion this was tremendously early but the swathes of blues bells at NarrowWater Wood are a site to behold....











I used My usual Pentax K10D and 5D with an assortment of lenses to capture the results above including: a Sigma AF 105mm f/2.8 EX DG macro; Sigma AF 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM; Pentax SMC F 50mm 1.7; and finally a Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD...... I also discovered my K10D was suffering from tremendous backfocus issues... which I hopefully have now fixed thanks to photographyrulez.blogspot

Despite a very early rise 05:00am .. I returned home for my tea 'n toast a very happy boy....I shot some footage on my phone of the woods and my set up which you can view here.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment